- Why mediate?
- 1. The courts generally require mediation.
2. Mediation is a cost effective and time efficient way to resolve litigated and presuit conflict.
3. Mediation provides a confidential, neutral, setting where issues, positions and interests can be discussed while exploring opportunities for resolution.
4. A mediator is neutral and is bound by confidentiality. Her only interest is in helping to facilitate the resolution of your case. All mediation discussions are considered confidential, with certain exceptions involving potential harm or neglect of a child, elderly or disabled person.
5. You control the outcome: The terms of settlement, or decision not to settle, rests squarely in your court. Through mediation all power and decision making authority is equally shared between you and the other party.
6. As Supreme Court certified mediators, all mediations conducted by our mediators are done so in accordance with rule 1.700, et. seq. and Chapter 44, of the Florida Statutes.
- Why engage a facilitator?
- 1. A Pelot & Associates facilitator is the “keeper of the process” for important, and/or potentially high-stakes, emotionally charged meetings.
2. Your facilitator helps ensure your agenda is developed and prioritized for maximum benefit, and the meeting stays productive and focused on the agenda.
3. Your facilitator is skilled at eliciting input from, and perspectives of, all the participants, while managing the range of emotions that surface during high-stakes meetings and times of uncertainty or change.
4. Your facilitator will ensure meetings wrap-up with action items, timelines, and accountability clearly defined.
5. Our facilitators assist with interpersonal communication break-downs between individuals, tear-down silos between departments, and help to build true collaboration and effective short and long-term goals for work groups.
6. Pelot & Associates assure confidentiality.
- What does a coach do?
- 1. Pelot and Associate’s begin with a comprehensive assessment of individual and leadership team competencies and opportunities, accomplished through 360 degree-styled surveys; followed by recommended focused coaching, personalized for the greatest personal and organizational impact.
2. We provide individual, personalized coaching for business leaders in order to expand current interpersonal skills, and develop further potential for valued, high-potential leaders.
a. Learn to have difficult, uncomfortable conversations without losing trust or damaging relationships
b. Develop collaborative leadership skills
c. Recognize and improve communication blind-spots that may be holding you back
d. Communicate authentically, while remaining loyal to the mission and true to corporate values
e. Earn and encourage respect, value and trust individually and for the organization, through becoming a great communicator.
3. Our coaches work with peers and leadership teams, to help break down barriers to success and create a collaborative, synergistic leadership culture
- What kind of training do we provide?
- 1. We provide 1/2 day to 3-day training programs tailored to your needs, focused on improving the communication culture and overall success of your leaders and their teams. Sessions include:
• True Colors* Personality Assessment
• Conflict Resolution
• Stress Management
• Anger Management
• Social/Emotional Intelligence/Empathy
• The “self”
• Perception and Expections
• Persuasion/Compliance Gaining
• Interpersonal Communication Basics
• Intercultural Competence
• Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
• Effective Public Speaking/Presenting